With less than 4 hours to go until racing in the 2013 eni World Superbike Championship gets underway, take a moment to familiarise yourself with some of the new rules.
– Grid position in 3-3-3-3 echelon configuration
– A Superbike race will not be interrupted for climatic reasons except for extraordinary events and riders who wish to change tyres or make adjustments must enter the pits (at any moment) and do so during the actual race.
– A new article 1.23, related to Pit Stops, has been introduced:
1.23 PIT STOPS
Riders may enter the pits during the race.
Refueling is strictly prohibited.
Any infringement of this rule will be penalized with a disqualification.
Riders who wish to change tyres or make adjustments in the pit lane must stop in front of their garage, turn off the engine and dismount from their motorcycle. Only three mechanics, clearly identified with an official armband, are allowed to touch the motorcycle or work on it during the pit stop. These three mechanics cannot receive any external help in the pit lane (i.e. passing the tools from the garage, etc.), but the rider can help them if he wishes to do so. A marshal will monitor the situation and report any infringement of this rule which will be penalized by the Race Direction with a ride through.
– The first 15 riders of the qualifying practice results will take part in Dry Superpole 1 (14 minutes).
– The first 12 riders of the Dry Superpole 1 results will take part in Dry Superpole 2 (12 minutes).
– The first 9 riders of the Dry Superpole 2 results will take part in Dry Superpole 3 (10 minutes).
In each Dry Superpole, in the event of a tie, the qualifying practice results will be taken into account.
– The first 15 riders of the qualifying practice results will take part in Wet Superpole 1 (20 minutes).
– The first 9 riders of the Wet Superpole 1 results will take part in Wet Superpole 2 (20 minutes).
In each Wet Superpole, in the event of a tie, the qualifying practice results will be taken into account.
Specific weather conditions during Superpole
In the event of specific weather conditions, the above Superpole schedules can be modified by the Race Direction.